Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Persephone's Constant Revisions

OK, going to try to keep this short and sweet today.

1.  Forget the new master schedule I posted.  It's working, but I am incorporating some different elements and so now I'm going to be making dynamic schedules on a weekly basis, in a notebook, with all of the meal planning resources, etc.  This will allow me to incorporate social time, etc.  (My therapist worries I'm not social enough)

2.  This is something I actually have formed a good habit around: https://idonethis.com/about/.  Check it out.  Basically, they e-mail you at a time you specify with "what did you get done today?"  You reply with a list, and BAM it records it in a calendar for you.  It's pretty cool.

3.  After all of the research I've been doing on the Standard American Diet (SAD) and the alternatives to it, I've finally settled on going Paleo instead of "raw".  To help me with this, because I am basically kitchen / food impaired, I've joined this site: http://www.paleoplan.com/.  It gives me meal plans, recipes for said meals, and a weekly shopping list of ingredients, cross referenced so I can easily modify, erase, or replace things without buying food I won't use.  It's made for two people, so I do have to cut everything in half, but that will be part of the weekly planning.  This starts Sunday, so expect posts about it soon.

4.  My kitties are freaking adorable right now.  (They are both asleep on the couch right above my head)

5.  I just really don't like lists that don't end in multiples of five.

Peace out my homies!

-Seph

2 comments:

  1. This is Abby: Seph, I just read what a Paleo diet is, and I really want to know how you're going to live without dairy and grains. I don't think I could do that. You're very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,

    The Paleo camp is divided regading dairy. It's not something I plan to give up just yet. I've wanted to give up grains for a long time. What is scaring me the most (besides cooking) is that I'm giving up refined sugar.

    ReplyDelete