Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Abby writes a win/fail

What is a win/fail you ask?  I shall tell you!  A win/fail is a list I make when I'm getting frustrated or discouraged with my current situation, be it the state of my home, an inability to concentrate, difficulty finishing a task I don't want to do, whatever.  It helps me put things in perspective before I get angry at myself or panicky.  Once I hit that point, I'm done doing anything for at least an hour.  That sucks.  I actually think this list would help anyone who is stuck or feeling down about their situation.  It also helps me to remind myself that very few things are that deep.

Win!
I have been a nonsmoker for 19.65 days and haven't committed a felony!
Despite my medication needing an adjustment, I am keeping on track with my most important tasks at work.
I have gotten to work early/on time so many times in a row that I've lost count.  This is really big for me.
I motivated myself enough to write a blog post tonight.
My 2 year wedding anniversary was last weekend, and we had a perfect evening and amazingly fabulous fondue.

Fail.
I haven't gotten anything done this week that I don't really like doing...because I was playing Skyrim.
House is a mess, and my husband's awesomeness is the only reason I have clean clothing.
I can't finish three sentences in a row without being distracted...oooh look, glitter!

All in all, not as bad as I thought.  It never really is quite that bad.  Hooray, I feel better!



No comments:

Post a Comment