Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Abby Abby bo Babby banana fana fo Fabby, me my mo Mabby, ABBY!

First, a great big thank you to everyone who commented on my last post with song suggestions.  Those are always welcome, so keep them coming!

I have a complaint.  My husband (there are some who call him....Tim?) is trying to make me eat an orange with my lunch, and I do not want it!  He always packs more food than I'll eat.  Just in case, he says.  You never know when an apocalyptic event might occur, and you will want that orange.  The orange which I've brought home uneaten every day for a week now.  There isn't enough room in my stomach for both the orange and the chocolate I have stashed in my desk.  Besides, it's so much work to peel the thing.  I could get juice in my eyeball, and then what would I do?  Eyeballs are essential to my work.  He's threatening drastic measures.  I'm not sure what that means, but I fear it.  He said something about "smiley faces", and I'm worried.

On a more serious note (I've always wondered what note that would be.  I think it'd be a very low one, like The Mystic Chord in The Dark Crystal), Tim and I have recently changed from a two income household with two vehicles to a one income household with one vehicle.  We realized this would change the budget and our schedules, but we didn't realize the magnitude of it all until this evening. It went like this:

Me:  I know I said I'd clean the bathroom, but I'm really damn tired after working all day and I'm kinda jealous because you take naps and hang with the cats and do laundry and dishes and cook and that's awesome but really I don't think it's fair that I work 8 straight hours with a 30 minute lunch and two breaks and you get a 4 hour nap and Skyrim every day.  We need to reevaluate this shit, yo.

Tim:  Ok.

Me:  This is going to be an awesome subject for my blog post tonight and we can list all the stuff we have to do daily and weekly and monthly and divide it up equally and then I can blog about my method and you could be a guest blogger so we can compare the similarities and differences between them and it'll be AWESOME.

Tim:  Breathe.  I don't blog.

Me:  Can I ask you questions and then blog about your method for you?

Tim:  Ok.

So, we're going to make this list tomorrow evening.  Then I'm going to do all the deciding and he's going to be all silent and agreeable until 6 months later when he blows up because he actually thought it unfair at the time but is so terminally polite that he can't bring himself to say his opinion out loud in the moment even when I ask him to because that is how we do things in our house.  Or I'll poke and prod him into making some of the decisions and ask him eleventeen times if he's really positively alright with the chore division because I'm paranoid that he's not telling me how he really feels and it'll turn into a long discussion (meaning I'm the only one talking) about communication styles and how we have to meet each other halfway and I don't really feel like he's participating in the conversation.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Also also, Tim went to the used bookstore today and got these:

Guess what we're going to do this year





No comments:

Post a Comment