Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Persephone's Sunday Wrap Up

Hey y'all!  After an intense weekend of studying Business Law and Ethics, I am happy to say I passed my final assessment (and the class) with flying colors! 

Part of the impetus for this blog and the lifestyle changes I hope to achieve and chronicle stem from the fact that I want to be successful in school.  This would not be a challenge in and of itself, but I have a very intellectually demanding job, and work gets my priority brain power and effectiveness hours. 

In order to be successful in school, I need to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of both my brain and my body in order to have enough stamina to devote as much of my focus after work hours to school as I do to work during work hours.  That was an awkward sentence, but whatevs.

As it is, I usually feel pretty brain fried after a full work day, especially when you factor in all of my appointments and stuff.  Hence the need for gradual but sweeping life changes, with a focus on effective life management.

I managed to write the new evening routine, and I plan to implement it tonight.  I also slightly revised the morning.  I present the following:

Night
Ø  Physical Therapy Routine
Ø  Set up writing assignment
Ø  Shut down office
Ø  Pocket stuff on breakfast bar – wallet, keys, sunglasses, charms
Ø  Gather purse and other items for work by front door
Ø  Shut down living room
Ø  Smoothie prep – blender assembled and ready, glass clean, ingredients measured
Ø  Tea prep – kettle on burner with water, tea picked, glass with spoon and sweetener
Ø  Grab a drink for med taking
Ø  Shut down kitchen
Ø  Brush teeth / wash face / take night meds / make sure med holder is on bathroom sink
Ø  Shut down bathroom
Ø  Pick out clothes for the next day and lay them on the edge of the bed
Ø  Arrange make-up for the next morning
Ø  Make sure bedside table has book and glasses for morning
Ø  Check / turn on all alarms
Ø  Go to bed
Morning
Ø  Alarm goes off
Ø  Read for 15 minutes
Ø  Second alarm goes off
Ø  PT Routine / Stretching
Ø  Shower
Ø  Get dressed
Ø  Take morning meds
Ø  Make smoothie / immediately clean blender
Ø  Start hot water for tea
Ø  Dry my hair (while drinking smoothie)
Ø  Add sweetener and tea bag to tea
Ø  Writing assignment (while drinking smoothie)
Ø  Make-up
Ø  Finish prepping tea
Ø  Grab stuff and leave

I'm interested in hearing from others what your routines are, if you have them, and if you don't, do you see value in adopting one?  Would it help if I linked to some more articles about it?

-Seph

No comments:

Post a Comment