Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Persephone Says - Baby, it's 3am and I'm lonely

First of all, did y'all know that Mr. Rogers had a morning routine?  The link takes you to a great article about Mr. Rogers, and if you look at #3, you'll see his morning routine.

As for my morning routine, it looks like the minor tweaks to my routine really helped.  I managed to get through the whole routine in 90 minutes this morning instead of the two hours it took me yesterday.  So, I think that tomorrow I will stick w/ the 5:45a wake-up call, instead of moving it to 5:30a and see how it goes.  It's all fine and dandy starting this on a weekend, but tomorrow is the true test.

I have a confession to make:

Yesterday, after doing the whole morning routine, including being fully dressed and wearing make-up, I went to sort laundry and fell back asleep for almost three hours!!  It was totally on accident, and I am not worried it will happen on a workday, but it was really bizarre to just conk out after so much prep time.

Writing:

If you've read my morning routine, you know I have a writing component in there.  I decided that I can't just sit down to a blank page, at least not these first few days, so what I've done this weekend is to write down the day/date, a quote (QOTD), and then ask myself 3 questions. 

Then, in the morning, I answer the questions.  For example, here's what my notebook looked like this morning:

Day / Date - Sunday, November 13, 2011

QOTD:  I believe that everyone comes from pain and a certain amount of dysfunction. - Mariel Hemingway

1) How is day two going?

2) Thoughts about "Room":

3)  List three successes from the past week  & three goals for the day:

I will spare y'all the answers to the above, I just wanted to put the structure out there for anyone else who might find it helpful.

And on that note, I have goals to accomplish.  See you on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment