Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do - Seph Attempts to Kick Caffeine

Well, hi.

This will be short due to the OMG MAKE IT GO AWAY headache I have.

If anyone tries to convince you that caffeine is NOT a drug, they are wrong.



I kicked caffeine once before, in 2001, and it took strep throat plus five days in bed.  I was off the stuff for over 2 years, but it only took one iced coffee to bring about the last decade of addiction.

Even though I quit soda in January, I was still drinking black tea every morning along with the occasional chai. 

After my bread/sugar crash extravaganza on Monday, and the way I felt on Tuesday because of it - I realized that I need to get rid of the caffeine demon too.

I meant to start that this weekend, but I ended up starting it yesterday.  Honestly, I thought it would go easier this time, because I was drinking so much less than when I quit before.  I was wrong.

I'm not going to lie.  It hurts.

My head is pounding, my appetite is crazy go nuts, I'm totally emotional, and I feel rather like jabbing sharp metal objects through my eye sockets and into my brain.

I know that one Dr. Pepper or cup of tea would make this pain go away.

I have to stay strong.  It has to get better than this.  My overall health is worth this transition.

Braiiiiiiinnnnnsss

-Seph

No comments:

Post a Comment