Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Abby - A Day Late, a Topic Short

Or:  The Magic of Makeup

I know, that sounds totally crazycakes.  However, according to the Flylady, one should always "get dressed to shoes."  Basically, the concept is that if you always get completely dressed, even putting on shoes, even if you're not going anywhere, you'll be ready for anything.  You act differently when you have clothes and shoes on.  Obviously the Flylady site is targeted at stay at home moms, but this baby step still applied to me.  You see, I don't wear makeup.  I don't feel like I really need it, and I prefer to sleep in that extra 15 minutes (because yes, it takes me that long to get it right.)  Unfortunately, getting all the way dressed was my Baby Step for Monday.

Let me back up a bit.  On Saturday, I was completely useless, unfocused, and at work.  It nearly brought me to tears, I was just that frustrated.  In desperation, I put on makeup on Monday.  Lo and behold, I was productive!  I tried again Tuesday.  Still productive!  Then again today and yes, productive once again!  It's most likely that in my morning preparations the act of putting on makeup is a psychological focusing of my mojo.  (technical term)  I prefer to imagine that the makeup is magical.  It is sparkly, after all.  Also, I'd rather not over think it, in case that makes it stop working.

Tomorrow, I wear makeup.  

In preggers news, I am now 9 weeks along and Zoidberg has graduated from embryo to fetus.  Zoids is a whopping one inch long and growing organs and muscles.  I've never felt so tired in my life.  I have literally fallen asleep sitting up.  (That's why I didn't post yesterday, actually.  I was snoring.)  

Speaking of which, I've a few things yet to do before I can sleep tonight, so I shall bid you all good night.

3 comments:

  1. I am flirting w/ the flylady concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I, but the website is awful and off-putting. I have to agree that makeup does make me more productive, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I'm wondering if it's worth sifting through all the junk to get to the gems.
      -Abby

      Delete