Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Persephone gets selfish - or something.

This has been a tough day, in a midst of a really tough couple of weeks.  First of all, I did not get the job I interviewed for, which marks only the second time I think I've ever been turned down for a job.

I'm struggling with some other stuff emotionally, and this is really the hardest time of the year for me anyway, for reasons I won't get into here.

Had a hard but necessary therapy session today. 

In order to get back on track, I need to "take care of myself", which to my brain is synonymous with being selfish, which I don't like.  It's not in my nature.

But basically, in order to "take care of myself" I need to be by myself.  My schedule does not allow for distractions, and I have to get back on schedule.

Right now, I am already messing up part of it because my computer went wonky and it took me a while to fix. 

Some of the new guidelines:

No phone calls after 8pm
No computer after 9pm
New bed time is 10:45pm
Reading after nightly routine complete, no TV.

This will hopefully make the mornings a little easier, as before I was barely allotted 6 hours of sleep.  Now I'm getting 7 hours.

Really hoping something works.

No comments:

Post a Comment