Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

City sidewalks, busy sidewalks dressed in holiday style. In the air there's a feeling of PANIC!

Abby here!

One week until Christmas, 6 days until Yule, and I have left things until the last days once again.  The external motivation of the impending deadline has triggered my self-motivation.  I won't be discussing the topic of motivating myself to do horribly boring tasks until the holidays are over.  Trust me, those tasks aren't getting done.

My husband and I baked about 160 cookies today, which means we're almost halfway done.  I bake between 4-8 types of cookies during the holidays.  These cookies comprise the bulk of my holiday gift giving items.

Tomorrow I make the list of people who are getting cookies (because I always forget someone), who needs their own cookie tin, and who will also be getting another gift.  Then, I break out the sewing machine, for I have a Plan.  Of course, this week is already stuffed full of activities.  Makes it all more exciting, you know.

For your viewing pleasure, here are pictures of cookies.

Strawberry and Elderberry Thumbprint Cookies
Ginger Molasses Cookies


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cookies--and I'm glad you decided to put off a few things during the holidays. Nothing wears you out more than trying to "do it all." I'm pround of you both.

    ReplyDelete