Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Persephone talks about mental health...

Yes, I know that my post titles are kind of silly, but hopefully it makes it a little easier to track between my posts and posts by Abby.

Today I saw my psychiatrist for the first time since October.  I went in there with every intention of transferring to a different psychiatrist (for financial reasons only) but that's not how it went down.

My psych is pretty much the best in the state.  He's also very expensive and not on my insurance.  This was ok because my therapist WAS on my insurance.

Well, when my therapist gets back from maternity leave, she won't be on my insurance either.  I've know that for a while.

THEN I got a letter that my already expensive psych was raising his rates. 

My sensei also happens to work for this group of psychs / therapists and suggested a new med doc that IS on my insurance, because I can't afford to be paying both Dr. B and Dr. R out of pocket.

So, my plan was to make a transfer.

Well, that didn't actually happen.  Dr. B would like me to stick it out with him, with med refills via phone (no cost) and I don't have to actually see him again until the end of September - where we decide if it's time for the great bipolar test.

It's late and I'm tired, so I'll explain the "test" in a later post. 

To be honest, I'm not at all sure what I've even feeling about all of this right now.

I think tired is trumping everything else at the moment.

-Seph

No comments:

Post a Comment