Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Persephone Links You to Food

This is not so much a resource post as it is a jumping board for y'all to explore some other blogs or websites that I've found help me out as I learn this new lifestyle I'm working on.  I'll break these up into categories and make this a series.  Today we'll talk about food.

FOOD - "real food" / Paleo / planning:

Plan To Eat - This is hands down THE best meal planning site I have used.  You can import recipes from anywhere (easily) and share them with others.  You can also plan your meals using the planner, which generates your grocery list.  If you have the item on hand you can send it from the shopping list to your "pantry".  Lastly, if you are tired / hungry / out of options you can click the "Cook from my pantry" button and it will tell you what you can make with what you have on hand.

Paleo Plan - This site got me jump started into cooking / eating Paleo, though now I'm using Plan to Eat for most of my meal planning.

Nourished Kitchen - This is a great site for recipes and knowledge. Traditional cooking.

The Healthy Home Economist - Also traditional cooking, but this blog will also keep you apprised of what's going on in the real food movement, current events, big pharma, and how to heal yourself with food.

Mark's Daily Apple - Everything you need to know to go "primal" and find your inner Grok.  Food, fitness, science, play - this blog has it all.  Primal food based (close to Paleo).

The Bulletproof Diet - via the Bulletproof Executive, this is "upgraded Paleo"

The Food Lovers Primal Palate - Great resource for recipes!

My Food board on Pinterest - As I snag yummy recipes from the internet, I pin them there. 

OK, I think that covers the food basics.  Happy eating!

-Seph

No comments:

Post a Comment