Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Persephone - Productive but off schedule

Sometimes when I get super focused on school, I tend to let my apartment get out of control.

And this time, I combined that with buying a lot of new items for my kitchen, because now that I cook, it would be nice if I had the tools to do it with.

Unfortunately, my kitchen is very tight on space - so this weekend I've spent a lot of time (with the help of awesome friends) trying to get a handle on things.

New Cookware and Hanging Shelves
I now have a place to hang my brand new stainless steel pots and pans, and even a shelf to get some of the spices off of my countertops.

Magnetic Knife Bar


My friend also mounted the above knife bar for me where I am hanging my new totally multi-colored knives.

I've also got a table that is holding the fruit juicer and blender, which will free up much needed counter space for my yet-to-be-opened food processor.

I've gotten rid of some sugary foods from an upper cabinet that allowed me to move the cooking oils and the smoothie supplies, which gives me a little more room in my "pantry" for food.

I have another huge cabinet to try to organize, and I do need to get the food processor and a couple of other things set up, but it's coming along.

The thing is - because these are projects that are happening as I can squeeze them in and have people help, it hasn't really been conducive to try and write my schedules around all of it.

I'm also free from school for the next couple of weeks, so I am pretty much going to be off "book" for the rest of this week and most likely next week, while I tame my household into something orderly and give my brain a little break from cramming for test.

I'd like to be back on schedule for the last week of March and then school starts back again on April 1st. 

Wish me luck as I try to stay routine oriented amidst all the "gray area"

-Seph

No comments:

Post a Comment