Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Persephone Takes Some Time to Reflect

March 2011:

School -  I was not enrolled anywhere and had no real plans to be enrolled.

Medical - In addition to my mood stabilizer, I was on two sleep meds and undergoing expensive neurological procedures to figure out why I couldn't sleep. No therapy.

Relationship - Single, and had just moved into my own place after the end of a five year relationship.

Mood stability - March was actually ok, but overall was still having a lot of ups and downs.

Cuisine - Hot dog quesadillas, frozen veggies, and restaurants.  Also at my top weight.

March 2012:

School - Just finished my first semester.  17 credits, 100% SAP.

Medical - No sleep meds, no insomnia, lowered dose of mood stabilizer. I have a fantastic therapist who has super powers over sleep.  (And no, I'm not just saying that because she might be reading.)

Relationship - Still single, and I like it that way.  Much more comfortable being on my own. (Though I've had some dating experiences in the past year.)

Mood stability - I honestly can not remember a time where I was this stable and happy for an extended period of time.

Cuisine - Learning to cook healthy whole foods for myself.  Eliminated sugar, grains, legumes, and most processed food.  Just bought new cookware that I can't wait to use.  I have lost 7 pounds in 5 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. You've always had it in you, you've just lacked that belief! You are an incredible person with incredible potential to live life to the fullest! It's awesome to see you embrace YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rock! Thanks for always having faith in me, even when I didn't. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing the first semester (and all your other accomplishments). Never doubted that you would. Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing a post that compells both you and A to comment is seriously validating. Thanks for reading my blog, even at very strange hours of the night.

      :)

      We have SO much to talk about when you get back, btw.

      Delete