Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Persephone asks - How do you know if any of it is working?

I'm not overwieght, so I don't tend to see rapid vast physical results from changing diets like some people do.

When I don't have routines, plans, menus or schedules - I still function.  I am an expert at base survival.  I do my job, I tend to make my school deadlines no matter how backed into a corner I am, I get a little sleep, I see my friends a little, I read books and watch TV.

So how do I know if any of this stuff is working?  I can't measure brain function on a scale.  I can't afford expensive blood work to know if the diet is helping. 

So again - how do I know?  How do I measure?

Well, it's the little things.

Waking up, while still not easy, is easier.

I've been more focused on school.

Work productivity is increased and I turn around tasks faster than ever.

The amount of information I process in a day has vastly increased, but I don't feel overwhelmed. (More on this particular point on Sunday).

I feel clearer, calmer, more in control of my moods, and less prone to ups and downs during the day.

But the number one measure of my success?

PLOT IDEAS

I have managed to free up enough of my brain that I am marinating plot ideas, titles, even cover designs in my head.

For me this is HUGE!  THIS is what I am doing it all for, to be perfectly honest. 

In order for me to be the best version of myself, I have to be creating.  It is what my heart and soul are on this planet to do.

I feel like this is only the tip of the iceburg.  I want to eventually drop from 1 caffeinated tea a day to no caffeine, and to get to where I can cut dairy out for at least 30 days. 

I want the days I get up ON TIME to be the norm, and the days I hit snooze to be the rarity, instead of it being the other way around.

I already write every day, but I want to go beyond just writing for practice and go back to writing for passion.

I can do this, and I need this here to remind of that when it all goes a little wonky sometimes.

-Seph

No comments:

Post a Comment