Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Abby Opens Doors

While my husband is gone, I'm going to be purging, sorting, and organizing our home.  I'm preparing for the baby, but I also want to give him a healthy home environment.  It'll help the both of us keep our sanity, serenity, and happiness.  Unfortunately, I can't do this by myself.  Being unmedicated and pregnant isn't conducive to cleaning or organizing.  

This is terribly embarrassing
So, one of my OCD librarian friends is coming on Sunday morning to terrorize my craft room.  As a step towards healing and to track progress, 
I'm going to take pictures of the process to share them with you all.



Much of this is yarn




I get overwhelmed just looking at pictures of it.  Most people don't ever see past the closed door, for obvious reasons.

I have a confession to make.  I haven't been able to get too excited about being pregnant.  I'm happy about it, definitely, but not giddy or bubbly or going crazy over baby things.  I have a tiny fearful voice in the darkest part of my mind that tells me everything good in my life will go wrong.  Now, it isn't some big debilitating belief that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  It doesn't keep me from enjoying life or being a generally optimistic person.  Unfortunately, that little voice has been piping up every time I get excited about being pregnant.  I'm just superstitious enough to not type what it says.  Now that I'm past my first trimester, my risks have greatly decreased, but there are still so many things that could go wrong.  I have to comfort myself in knowing that I will do the best possible things for my baby, and that's all I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment