Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Persephone Learns to Juggle

To say it's been an eventful week / weekend might be the understatement of the century.

My week went off the rails schedule and diet wise between coming down with food posioning and canceling the gym and bowling.

However, from a personal standpoint, my week incorporated new people in a bigger way than I've been accustomed to in a long while.

The weekend also took a few pleasantly unexpected turns.

I think I am ok with the variance in the diet and strict as hell schedule keeping, considering I actually accomplished all of my major goals this week.

I carved out time to complete a paper (my final) for a class and passed it with the best possible score on the first try.

I honored a commitment to a dear friend by facing my fear of mailing things to mail her a book ON the day I said I'd mail it.  (This is big, it's a randomly strong phobia.)

I let a very new person into my personal space and didn't become a shaking mess.  (HUGE)

I did grown up and responsible medical things.  (OK, I do that a lot, but I was nervous about this.)

I got to catch up and go shopping with another friend and we both needed the hang out time.

I even managed to get 5 games of focused bowling practice in.  They were frustrating games, but I had time with my coach and worked on new angles, so it was a good frustrating in a way.

The only thing I didn't get done was grocery shopping, but I'll just add that to tomorrow and should be fine.

The point is - I'm getting better at this whole gray area thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment