Pages

The Crazy Girls Guide to....SQUIRREL! Ahem...The Crazy Girls Guide to Staying Sane. Yeah, that's it.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Persephone Battles Anxiety

Anxiety.

The word looks so benign sitting there on the page.  It's small, almost even cute.

There is nothing cute about anxiety.

In a way, I almost envy people who have full blown panic attacks.  I mean, not really, because those suck beyond measure, but at least in the middle of a panic attack, you KNOW what you're fighting.

My anxiety is a sneaky little bastard.

Today is a really big day for me, for reasons I can't actually talk about just yet.  Months of preparation have gone into today, and until earlier this week, I was totally sure I was 100% on top of it.

Until I wasn't.

Over the past few days, what started as little nibbles of doubt and fear in the back of my brain grew. 

And grew.

Today anxiety launched a full scale battle on my system.  Mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Today anxiety won.

Tomorrow, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment